Cover Letter

February 5, 2019 

S Jay Levy Office 

Shepard 550 
160 Convent Avenue 
New York, NY 10031 

Dear recruiting staff members at the S Jay Levy fellowship office: 

My name is Diego Rodriguez, I am an intended computer science major and a sophomore at The City College of New York. Please accept this cover letter and the attached resume as a demonstration of my interest to become part of your fellowship program. The reason why I am applying to The S Jay Levy fellowship is because I believe it is essential for any student pursuing a major in science and minor in philosophy, to experience how professionals navigate their fields and interact with each other. I believe that what makes the team successful are its members and their professional relationships with each other. I want to learn what are the technical and social skills required to be an efficient member that can contribute to a team’s goal. I would also like to learn how the dynamics of a group influence the outcome of their performance as a unit and the relationships between colleagues at work.  

As a current member of the robotics club at CCNY, I have learned how important each member of a team is. Now, I would like to experience how these skills are applied in the professional world. And I know that The S Jay Levy Fellowship Program will help me to accomplish these goals.  

I am looking forward to meeting you at the S Jay Levy orientation gathering this coming week. 

Sincerely,  

Diego Rodriguez. 

Intended Computer Science major at CCNY 

Myemail@citymail.cuny.edu 

My phone number

My address